Monday, September 3, 2012
- 14, 8, & 6 mm tubing
- # 1 tip
- Matches/mats/towel/glass cutter/screen/corks
- Blow tube
Bubbler Tube (14, 8, & 6 mm tubing):
- Use a # 1 tip.
- Stabilizer (6 mm tubing):
o Make a maria and taper out the end, next to the maria
o Blow out a small pressure relief hole near the maria
- Using 8 mm tubing, make a side arm w/maria and a tapered near the Maria.
- Using 8 mm tubing cut a long piece of tubing and fire polish one end. This will be the inside part of the bubbler tube.
- Using 8 mm tubing, cut another long piece.
- Make a long test tube from 14 mm tubing.
- Attach the side arm near the end of the test tube.
- DO THE NEXT STEPS ALL AT ONCE!! DO NOT STOP!!
o Insert the fire polished tubing in the test tube w/the unpolished end near the end of the test tube.
o Insert the stabilizer w/the tapered edge touching the fire polished tubing.
o Attach blow tube.
o Heat the end of the test tube until the glass fuses. This is your ring seal. DON’T STOP!!
o Blow out a hole in the center of the ring seal. DON’T STOP!!
o Make an end-to-end seal with the last piece of 8 mm tubing. DON’T STOP!!
o Make a right angle bend on the 8 mm tubing.
- Remove the blow tube and stabilizer.
- Attach the blow tube to one of the 8 mm ends.
- Make a test tube on the open end at least one cm from the center tube.Remove excess tubing from the tube with the bend and fire polish.
You now have your B.