Monday, July 23, 2012
End-To-End Seal with Two Different Size Tubing
- 8 & 14 mm Pyrex tubing
- # 1 tip
- Matches/mats/towel/glass cutter/screen
- Blow tube/cork (use cork....NOT rubber!!)
End-To-End Seal (8 & 14mm tubing):
- Cut 1 piece of 8 & 14 mm tubing, about 6" long.
- Use a # 1 tip.
- Make a test tube from the 14 mm tubing.
- Heat the end of the test tube and blow a small bulge.
- Heat the small bulge and blow out the bulge.
- Flint knap the rough pieces, leaving a small part of the small bulge.
- Add a small cork stopper to one end of the 8 mm tubing.
- Heat the ends together of the small bulge and the 8 mm tubing, remove from the heat, push them together then slightly pull them apart.
- Heat one side and allow to collapse
- Remove from heat and blow to diameter of surrounding tubing (8 mm).
- Repeat for the other three sides.
- Fire polish the ends (heat the ends enough to create a smooth edge).