Monday, August 13, 2012
Round Bottom Flask
- 14 mm tubing
- # 3 tip
- Matches/mats/towel/glass cutter
- Blow tube
Round Bottom Flask (14 mm tubing):
- Use a # 3 tip.
- Make a test tube.
- REMEMBER TO KEEP THE GLASS ROTATING TO PREVENT UNEVEN GLASS.
- Heating the bottom of the test tube, collapse the glass to form a thick lens
- Remove from the heat and blow a small bubble.
- Heat again to create a thick walled flask.
- Remove from the heat and blow a larger flask.
- NOTE: The flask should NOT exceed 2 x’s the thickness of the tubing.
- The round bottom flask should be lens free, smooth, and bounce, when dropped from an outstretched, at arms-lengths.
If your flask survived the drop, which it should survive a few drops, you now have a C.