Thursday, February 11, 2021

Functional

 Functional

    It doesn't have to be pretty, just functional.  I found a kid's art set, at the thrift store, for $3.  The inside had formed liners and some of the cheap art supplies.  I pulled out the liner and threw away most of the supplies.  I kept the pencils for everyday coloring.  I thought I could convert the box into a travel art box/easel.



I add a string, across the lid to hold the paper in place.  The Faber Castell Polychromos box fit perfectly.  I made a few boxes for the the side and front and made lids to keep everything in it's place.  Last, I added a chain to hold the lid up.



I cut some of the cheap colored pencils down, to prop the lid up at different angles.  


On the bottom, I added a couple of screws to hold the self for the easel.


Next, I cut a couple of groove in an old, but useable ruler.


The colored pencils, propping up the easel.



Sliding in the easel's, removable shelf.


Looking down on the shelf.


Ready to start drawing.





No comments:

Post a Comment