Thursday, July 4, 2013

I'm Hooked

I'm Hooked

     I had gotten some thread, looks like nylon thread, in a size 10 and a tatting shuttle at an estate sale.  There were 18 colors of thread.  Since, the girls wanted to make the bone ring class two weeks, I decided to try this nylon thread on another bookmark.  By-the-way.  This stuff is not tatting friendly!!  It twist so bad, that it makes closing rings very difficult....therefore, small rings.

     I've become hooked, after making another book mark!!!


Coral Reef Bookmark...look how bright the colors are.

      The shuttle was a red, pumpkin seed shuttle.  The tail is about 15".  Someone bought it as soon as I made it.  They were thinking about wrapping it around a purse or bag.






3 comments:

  1. Nylon threads are interesting. what kind of shuttle did you get?
    I like the looks of the bookmark. How long is the tail? I would have to make sure that the tail is long enough to go through the book so the bulk of the ring and bead and the tassel would not be between the pages. How long is the tail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shuttle was a red, pumpkin seed shuttle. The tail is about 15". Someone bought it as soon as I made it. They were thinking about wrapping it around a purse or bag.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I can see that being a very nice ornament for a purse or bag.

      Delete