Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tatting Case

Tatting Case

     These are the two types of tatting cases I take everywhere.  They are easy to make out of small scraps of fabric.  For larger project/trips I'll take the larger case and the smaller one of small projects.  They fit perfectly in my purse or pocket.  They have three rows of pockets.
     The large case, holds four shuttles in the middle row.  There are two pockets in the middle row, enough to hold the two shuttles and  a small project.  Once my project is too large, I'll put it in the top row.  The top row has the one, large pocket.  It also holds the thread I'm working with and a tatting needle case.  I wind all my threads on cardboard, cross-stitch bobbins.  The bottom row has three pockets.  One is for an extra bobbin of thread, tatting essentials, and my patterns/small post-its.  The shuttles and the tatting essentials are placed into small 2" X 4" plastic baggies, with the zip-lock cut off.  They are used to protect the fabric from wear and prevent the small crochet hook from poking through.




      The small case, holds two shuttles and my tatting essentials in the middle row.  The top row has the one, large pocket for my projects and the bobbin of thread.  The bottom row has one pocket for my pattern and a small post-its.  The shuttles and the tatting essentials are placed into small 2" X 4" plastic baggies, with the zip-lock cut off.  


     Tatting needle cases, I have for sale on Face Book.  I use three:  one for my larger yarn tatting needles, one for my smaller tatting needles, and one for my 5" doll needles.  I taught myself to needle tat with the doll needles.  The eye is a little big, but it works.  They are easier to obtain in this area.  I blew the form with Pyrex glass (very hard glass, the same stuff you cook with), wrapped the middle portion with polymer clay and used a pencil grip for the lid.  I like the triangular pencil grip, the best.  It has grooves along the inside so my string dangles out freely.  I usually, leave my project attached to the needle, close the lid, and wrap my project around the outside.  

      
     Tatting essentials, I have for sale on Face Book.  I have one for each tatting case.  They consist of a large, decorated safety pin, shortened crochet hook and a picot gauge.  I like to pin it to my shirt so the crochet hook is at the same height I'm tatting at.  (This also prevent the essentials from falling to the bottom of the truck floor, while my husband is driving.  The pin is also used to easily pry open any mistakes.  My tatting essentials have four different sized hooks.  The picot gauge was make out of shrink plastic.

     The tatting cases are also for sale on Face Book.  I can make them in any color combination.




No comments:

Post a Comment