Finally, finished and blocked out my new doily for my new kitchen table. We had gotten a larger table and it needed a bigger doily. I hate to hide ends, as most of us tatters do, and all those little motifs needed their ends hidden. The doily was done with size 20 thread and measures 22" across.
I just received the new Dremel Micro rotary tool. This Dremel is awesome!! The slim-line and lightness, fits well in my small hands. It has four lights, on the end, to light up my work. I had to try an etching project, using a diamond tip. I found a vase at a yard sale, that worked out perfectly.
We had moved to a smaller place, and have nowhere to display my rocks. With the price of silver, I haven't been able to buy silver. Thus, I have two empty display boxes just laying around. I built them, so I could rearrange the shelve to accommodate various necklaces. I decided to use one as a shadow box for my fossils.
The specimen is copal, not quite as old as amber. The white, inclusions, on the right is pollen. The tan, creatures, on the right are termites.
I tat little motifs, during the farmer's market. Once I finish, a little motif, I'll put it on a vendor's table. One of the vendors put the motifs in a spoon and gave it too me. Octopus's Garden & Goods, was the vendor.