Sunday, March 18, 2012

More Crosses

More Crosses

     No tatting today, only crosses I made with various stones and sat in sterling silver.  The settings are made to fit the stone and are soldered (no castings).
     Most of the crosses were gifts to family members, some sold, and two are for sale.  One of these days I'll get around to making my cross necklace in turquoise.  


 9 X 11 mm Carnelian agate and is 1.5" by 1".  

     If you look closely you can see a tree, "dendrite", in the middle of the agate.  This one is still for sale on Face Book:  West Pine Creations


Carnelian Agate.

     This was a gift to my little sister.  I liked the simple design of this one.  I forgot to write down the dimensions.  


 8 X 12 mm amber and is 2.25" X 1.25".

     Each decoration was made and cut by hand.  The small balls were formed by melting a small piece of silver.  This was a gift to my middle sister.


10 X 14 mm malachite stone.

     I forgot to write down the dimensions of the completed piece.  This one was a gift to our daughter.
 

 Opal and jet inlay.

     11/16" X 1 3/8" (18mm X 35mm) are the dimension of the cross.  This one is still for sale on Face Book:  West Pine Creations


 10 X 13 mm opal and is 1.25" X 2".

     Each scroll and ball was made by hand.  None of my pieces uses pre-fabricated parts, including the bail.  This was a gift to my mother...my family is so spoiled!  I rarely keep a jewelry piece for myself.

  
10 X 13 mm opal and is 1.25" X 2"...sold

    The picture didn't come out very well.

 

 18 X 24 mm quartz crystal...sold

     The backing was cut out into a shape of a cross.  This allowed the color of the background to show through.  This one, I debated on keeping.  I guess I debated too long, because it sold immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment