Monday, July 24, 2023

Feeders

 Feeders

     I decided, not to put out hummingbird feeders, this year.  I'm tired of battling the ants and yellow jackets.  Besides, the neighborhood is filled with flowers.

     I went to my garden, to forage for lunch.  As I walked up to one of the boxes, I was greeted by a humming bird.  She was very friendly and came up to me.  She's, probably, wondering where her feeder is, this year.  Usually, they come up to me and squawk, that their feeder is almost empty or needs a little cleaning....soooo, demanding.  I planted marigolds around my lettuce to keep out garden pest.  This made a wonderful humming bird area.  They nest in the tree, next to the garden.
















2 comments:

  1. That is great!! And you got some great shots of that hummingbird!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to see the hummingbird so close up. She’ll have to find her own food this year.

    ReplyDelete