Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Twice

 Twice

     Twice, in one day, I broke my size 16 crochet hook.  One of them, I've had for 9 years.  I use them for tatting with sewing thread and adding seed beads.  I just ordered another hook and had to dress it up.  I added a rhinestone to the end, but the camera has a hard time focusing on sparkles.



Soon after writing this blog post, this crochet hook broke.  I'm not impressed with the new Lacis brand crochet hooks.  They seem weak and brittle.  I just ordered 12, Tulip brand crochet hooks from eBay.  They are coming from India, I'll give you an update on their quality once they come.  This brand of hooks are made in Japan, so fingers crossed. 


5 comments:

  1. Love how you added your name!!! :) Hope the new ones last!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I hope the new ones are a similar quality to the one that lasted 9 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received a vintage one and the tip broke off immediately, that's the only time I've had one break. What in the world were you doing? Size 16 is quite small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it to add beads to my threads. This is the only thing that will go through size 15 beads. I also use them for Tatsmithing.

      Delete
    2. Please let us know if those new ones you have ordered work better. I don't have a hook that will go through a size 15 bead.

      Delete