Friday, December 21, 2018

The Adventures of Rexy

The Adventures of Rexy

     I have loved dinosaurs, for as long as I can remember.  I remember going to the Natural History Museum in Denver, Colorado and my dad had gotten me a few wax dinosaur figurines.  By the first grade, I could spell dog and cat as well as the various dinosaurs.  So when my neighbor brought, poor Rexy over, I was delighted.  

     She had found a baby tyrannosaurus, alone, naked, cold and starving.  His mother must have been hit by a semi, or attacked by grizzly bears or cougars.  Yes, this is the wild north west...we have grizzlies!!  My neighbor, took Rexy home and found him some clothes.  She also gave him a ball to play with, since he's still a baby.  

     She couldn't keep him because she has two big golden retrievers, Mike and Molly.  The two of them, would tear, poor Rexy apart.  She couldn't give him to the other neighbor because, Charlie would try to find it's squeaker.  Since, we are dogless, she thought I would be the perfect mommy.  Here he is....so bony.  Hopefully, I can put some meat on him.  He is very shy.



Poor thing had almost, starved to death....look how bony he is.



1 comment:

  1. Rexy is very lucky to have found a welcoming home where he can be an only child and centre of attention!

    ReplyDelete