Sunday, December 1, 2013

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

   Wicked Nothings had hosted a Secret Tatting Exchange and I just received my AWESOME present from Marla (Boise, ID)

    She sent me two, beautiful tatting shuttles, purple beads, tatting safety pins, doo-dads, mother of pearl button, mother of pearl cabochons (to Tatsmith around) and.....a gorgeous snowflake with crystals and metallic thread.  Thanks soooooo much, Marla!!!!

 

  The shuttles were made with "blood wood" and the snowflake pattern was a Jan Stawasz pattern made with size 20 dmc White and Silver, and Lizbeth size 20 Latte Foam in the center.
 


Snowflake tatted with the two shuttles.  The pattern is from "DCM Tatting for Today, Motif  #1".  The shuttles came loaded with Lizbeth, size 80, white and cotton candy.



7 comments:

  1. WOW! so beautiful I joined late and sent of my gift last week. Those shuttles are beautiful did she make them! Make me want to make some more shuttles! the snowflake made and the one you are making look great! must be those magic shuttles:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she made them. asked her if she was going to sell them, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

      Delete
  2. I made some a lot like the first one and I enjoy using them and I sold some on ebay for a while, but they are a lot of work and smoothing the sides down like she has done takes time, sometimes it's hard to part with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shuttles are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift. The shuttles are gorgeous..! I wouldn't mind having some like that myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try contacting Marla and see if she is making them. If you are apart of In Tatters, her name is IdahoCanuk.
      http://www.intatters.com/member.php?2505-IdahoCanuck

      Delete