Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Turquoise Pendent (Part 3 of 3)



This is the final piece.  I used a size 16 crochet hook for the beads, size 14 for the picot joins.  Since I didn't start out with any picots, I used a stiff needle to slightly raise a picot between the desired ds. 

Most of the rings were 3-3 and the most of the chains were 4-4.  This piece looks great with two rows.  You could also make a third row.  Usually, I'll make the second row consisting of chains, first then the third row.  Thumb through my previous post to get an idea, on how to proceed with your doo-dad.  There is no written pattern for most doo-dads, which makes them so unique.

Once you are done tatting, block and stiffen you piece.  I use hairspray (probably another no-no).  It was always the old stand-by for drawings when Fixative wasn't in the budget.  Next add your jump ring.  I always add a small dab of fingernail polish where the ends of the jump ring meets to prevent fraying on the tatted part.  

Another note:  I don't like to add jump rings to picots!!  I want my piece sturdy and a picot is a single strand on string...won't wear long.  I prefer a sturdy ring or chain to add my jump ring to.  A good number of ds, in a ring is 12 ds.

Good luck and have fun!!

OK.............who wants it?  Leave a comment on this post or my West Pine Creations face book page, regarding this post.  I realize some of our blogger accounts don't allow us to leave comments (including me!).  So, comment on my face book portion, regarding this post.  You have until midnight (mountain time),  this Friday, the 25th.  I'll post the results on Sunday, using the random number generator.

 

   

    

3 comments:

  1. Very impressive. I have enjoyed reading your how to do this posts. Very informative, thank you.
    I would love to win this.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial..I have to try this soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another attractive pendant design! Again, thanks for the tutorial.
    I'm not sure I congratulated you on winning with two entries in the Tattng Corner contest! Perfect tatting on the daisy pattern, in one of my favorite threads; and your original design on the bauble is spectacular! Wonderful colors and harmony in the design!

    ReplyDelete